We rely on up to 100 volunteers each year to make the Folk Art Festival smoothly running and fun event for up to 2,500 individuals and families who attend and enjoy the day!
If you would like to volunteer before, or on Folk Art Festival day (Sun., Sept. 30th), please call 505-247-1172, stop by OFFCenter or click here to fill out this form.
Before Festival Day — we need volunteers to help us with:
- Extra hands at Pre-festival outreach events and art-making workshops.
- Pre-festival sign and site preparations.
- Sharing Folk Art Festival flyers with your friends:
Click Here to View/Download or Print this year’s Festival Flyer
Folk Art Festival Day (Sunday, Sept. 30th) between 7 am – 6 pm—
We ask volunteers to sign-up – for 2 hour shifts between 7 am – 6 pm – under the following broad categories:
- Heavy Lifting – site set-up & break down, moving puppets and general site needs.
- Helping Festival Attendees/Community Art – with the Art Tent or the Giant Puppet Parade
- Assisting Artist-Vendors with Load-in and support (7 am – 9 am)
- Happy to Help with Anything – wherever needed on Festival day.