CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
We rely on 75 – 100 volunteers each year to make the Folk Art Festival run smoothly and a fun event for 1,500 – 2,500 individuals and families who come to attend.
If you would like to volunteer before, or on the day of our Folk Art Festival (Sun., Sept. 11th) for any of the following areas, please contact Chami at (505) 280-7041.
Before Sun., Sept 11th — we need volunteers to help us:
- Make signs, decorations and other fun stuff in the studio
- Create giant papier maché puppets/creations to carry in the parade (check our calendar or call (505) 247-1172 to find out about free workshops)
ON THE BIG DAY! — (Sunday, September 11, Festival 10 am – 4 pm)
We need volunteers from 7 am – 6 pm to help things run smoothly and to make this a fun event for ~2,000 people! We are in need of your VALUABLE VOLUNTEER SUPPORT in various shifts:
- Site Set up and Decorating – starting at 7:00 am
- Vendor Support — starting at 7:30 am – 10:00 am
- Traffic Control — starting at 7:30 – 10:00 am
- Giant Art Making Tent — Our buzzing hive of activity! We need 30 volunteers to help kids and adults make art! – 3 hour shifts from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Board Tent Helpers – 2 hour shifts from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Giant Puppet Parade Participants —
Come one, Come all! We have puppets of all sizes! Even for the kids, who love to participate!
Meet up at 11 am on the East Side of the Park @ 8th Street and Copper Ave. and pick out your puppet, costume, get your face painted to participate in Giant Puppet Parade (starts at Noon)!
- Trash Pickup – 2 hour shifts, from 10:30am – 5:30 pm
- Take Down help —
from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
If you have any questions or have friends and family that would like to help –
please give Chami MacPherson, OFFCenter’s Folk Art Festival Co-Coordinator a call at 505-280-7041
Thank you in advance for all your generous help! The annual OFFCenter Folk Art Festival has always been a success and so much fun thanks to all the community members that come together for this special experience!