SEEKING FULL-TIME EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FOR WELL-ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY ARTS PROJECT
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 15, 2016
Who We Are:
As an open art studio in downtown Albuquerque, OFFCenter is privileged to serve all who come through our doors. The OFFCenter community is very diverse and includes established and emerging artists, people experiencing homelessness, low-income, developmental disability, mental illness, and those otherwise re-entering society and recovering from trauma. For many of our participants, OFFCenter is a home away from home. We place a high value on the welcome we offer and the quality of experience people have when they come into the studio.
In addition to providing an open art-making space throughout the year, OFFCenter provides outreach programs and sponsors fundraising projects and events.
We have been open since 2001, and many in our community have been involved with OFFCenter for a very long time. You’ll find this is a very passionate community and we need the same passionate commitment from our new Executive Director.
Qualities of an OFFCenter Executive Director:
- Compassionate respect for the diversity of our community
- Experience in organization management, including budgetary and supervisory experience
- Well-organized, flexible, able to creatively problem solve in a busy environment
- Knowledge of non-profit management practices
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Experience in program development
- Ability to work independently, juggle numerous projects and collaborate with staff, volunteers and board
- Demonstrated commitment to the empowerment of individuals
- Strong background in arts and/or social services
» OFFCenter is a drug free workplace. Must pass background/fingerprint investigation and pre-employment drug screening.
» Must possess a valid NM driver’s license and proof of auto liability insurance.
» Some weekend and evening hours are required.
» Position includes oversight of fundraising and development activities in conjunction with the board of directors, staff, and volunteers.
» Position is full time; $35k/yr.
Resumé submission and deadline:
- Resumé must include work experience and brief description of job duties. References will be requested from candidates who receive a job interview.
- All resumés must be accompanied by a cover letter to include pertinent qualifications and a brief narrative explaining your interest in this position.
- Submit cover letter and resumé electronically by April 15, 2016, using “ED Application” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.