Saturday, Apr. 10
Co-sponsored by the New Mexico Art Therapy Association
Pre-registration is required separately for the panel discussion and art making sessions. CEU credits are available for Art Therapists and Counselors. For more information and to register contact Sahnta at 505.264.3933.
PANEL DISCUSSION 10am-12pm
The panelists will use the images within the “Altars of Light” exhibit to focus on raising awareness, healing and making visible what has been lost as a result of sexual violence.
- ROSEMARY IMHOF, Panel Facilitator – Art and Family Therapist at UNMH
- CYNTHIA COOK – Artist and Chicana Feminist
- DEBORAH GAVEL – Painter, Educator and Art Activist. Co-coordinator for site installations “Honoring Women”, “Women of Juarez’, and “Women of the West Mesa ”
- DOREENA TORRES – Detective with the Sheriff’s Office of Sexual Violence.
- GWEN PACKARD – Native Americian Activist – issues of sexual violence.
- BEVERLY WILKINS – Director for Peaceful Nations Consulting, former Director ABQ Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence
- NANCY MANCE – Counselor with the Albuquerque Rape Crisis Center
ART MAKING WORKSHOP
Art and Family Therapist Rosemary Imhof will lead an art making session in response to the panel discussion and “Altars of Light” exhibit utilizing her training and experience to create an environment for participants to process through visual imagery, writing and sculpture.
Workshop runs from 1:30 to 3:30