The Folk Art Festival returns!!
Saturday August 9, 2008
11am to 4pm
Located in Robinson Park, 8th & Central NW
after the Growers’ market
- The day begins with a giant puppet samba parade followed by ongoing musical and dance entertainment.
- Around 100 folk art vendors will be featured selling their wares in booths throughout Robinson Park, conveniently located across the street from OFFCenter.
- Art making activities, free to everyone, will be offered in several Art Tents.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase along with baked goods and a “White Elephant” sale sponsored by our Board of Directors.
- This event is the highlight of our art making year so please come out and join the festivities and help build our community by making art together. Volunteers are needed so if you want to help out please give us a call.
Help us recreate the festival!!!
Contact us at 247-1172
Become a sponsor – just donate $25 or more.
Kids and Adults Parade Workshop – Saturday’s July 26th and August 2nd
Everyone is invited to come to OFFCenter between 12-4pm and “create a character” for the Folk Fest Parade! Help make a festival by getting your costume ready for the big day. Find a mask and make it your own, or create a new one, make noise makers and capes – anything that gets the spirit of the Folk Fest moving. 12-4pm in the studio – Free
You can participate in the “We Art the People” Parade at 11 AM. Come to OFFCenter on the 9th at 10am or contact OFFCenter Arts at: 505-247-1172 for more details.